Search this site

Monday, April 22, 2013

SAP books suggested

Hi ,I am Alex.Thanks for visiting my site.
I am very interesting in SAP and like reading SAP books.
I have been working in SAP for more than 4 years,so I made this site to share my knowledge to everyone choosing SAP is the career path.
From my experience,these books as below could help you ,the newbies in SAP can  get a basic knowledge to  lay a first stable step in the SAP world.

1) Sams Teach Yourself ABAP/4 in 21 Days  
The ideal book for a programmer who must get started in ABAP immediately, and does not want to know the complete story of how and why ABAP was originated. Provides all of the essential information that an ABAP programmer needs and provides it in a readable format. Provides examples that are real and practical not text-book based, like other ABAP programming books. The book also provides insight into the SAP certification process, although not actual coverage of certification because candidates must have two years of practical ABAP programming experience to even enroll in the certification courses!

*Some helpfull review I collected:
 1.1) This is an excellent book, if you have some experience in IT, but are new to SAP and ABAP/4 programming. The author gives a short overview of the SAP system. He describes how client/server and database are implemented in SAP. The book shows you how to get around in the Workbench -- how to use the SAP menus and other online features to create, update, and test your code -- something that other ABAP/4 books lack. I found the step-by-step directions for writing code, creating tables, etc., very helpful. The book covers only reporting with ABAP/4 -- it doesn't cover dialog programming (programming for interactive screens), or SAPscript. But, for the subjects covered, I think it may be the best beginning book. The writing is clear, straighforward, and even has a sense of humor.
 1.2) I found the book EXTREMELY heavy on data dictionaries and internal tables, but VERY light (read - non existing) on external file imports or exports. It didn't have a section on BDC's. Functions & parameters were at the very end of the book (2/21 days!). One of the things I found most frustrating was that the book never indicated the version of SAP it was running on. While not a deal breaker, screen cams were hard to follow because they didn't look anything like my 4.5B system at work! If you want to learn about data I/O & reporting, I would suggest spending your money on "Introduction to ABAP/4 - Programming for SAP" instead.
...


No comments:

Post a Comment